I need a Mexico insurance quote.
You have choices. Buy from a 24 hour agency at the border or a local Oregon independent agent who can shop multiple Mexican companies at once.
We know Mexican insurance requirements. Living and working among Mexican citizens here in Oregon for thirty years allows us to know the auto insurance market and the ever-changing Mexican auto insurance landscape. Trust in decades of experience.

Are you planning a trip to Mexico by car, truck, RV, or motorcycle? Do you live in Oregon? We offer insurance by the day or the year, liability, or full coverage, while your vehicle is in Mexico.

Most auto insurance companies restrict coverage to the United States and Canada. Once you cross the southern border, the insurance on your vehicle ends. A few insurance carriers extend coverage to a certain distance over the border, say 50 miles.

If you financed the car, the contract may have a limitation that doesn’t allow you to cross the border unless you purchase insurance specifically to cover it while in Mexico. You should check with your lender for any restrictions before starting your journey. We can help you get the coverage you need to meet your lender’s requirements.

Mexico has passed laws that severely punish the driver who causes serious injury or death to another person while in Mexico. Although you might enter the country with your vehicle without insurance, certain areas may require it. Buying it at the border may cost you a lot more than if you buy it here in Oregon before you leave. Call us at 503-693-2852 for a quote. Please tell us what day you plan to enter Mexico and your return date. We’ll shop several companies and get you the best plan.

Please Note: Neither the agents nor the insurance companies offering vehicle insurance for Mexico are regulated by any state insurance division in the U.S. Any complaint or failure to pay will have to be dealt with by a regulatory agency in Mexico.The coverages available on a policy for Mexico are quite extensive:

Third Party Liability ($300,000 minimum recommended now with new laws)
Excess Death Liability (included in Third Party but may be increased)
Medical Payments (Coverage for Driver and Passengers)
Physical Damage (less a deductible of $500 or $1000)
Total Theft (less a deductible of $1000 or $1500)
Vandalism (may be included under Physical Damage)
Uninsured Motorist (extends the Medical Payments if hit by an uninsured driver)
Legal Assist / Bail Bond
Road Assistance
Medical Evacuation (Air and Land)
Plane Tickets Home (if vehicle stolen or not drivable)
The vehicles you can insure are:
    RVs (Motor homes and motorcycles).

We can also include coverage for vehicles, like a utility or travel trailer, that you tow behind your pickup or SUV. If you are towing a car behind a motor home, we recommend you buy a separate policy for that car if you plan on detaching and driving it when you arrive at your destination.

If you live in the Oregon area, please let us help you with a no-obligation quote for your vehicle before you head south. Buen Viaje!