Your local insurance agent does a lot more than you might expect. We are paid a percentage commission by the insurance company set by contract. But, we also understand that if we are to attract and retain clients, we must provide the best service we can. These are the services we provide to you.

insuresource certificateWhat is the difference between a binder and a certificate?

A binder is a temporary proof of insurance issued at the beginning of an insurance contract to satisfy a lender’s needs. It usually lasts about a month, giving enough time to the insurer to underwrite the risk and issue a policy. The lender then gets a copy of the contract with them listed as the lienholder. The contract’s clauses spell out the protection of the physical damage of the object they own until the loan is satisfied.

A certificate is also a form of proof that insurance exists but is not intended for a lender. Certificates deal more with the liability aspect of the contract, not the physical damage coverage of property. Any other party needing proof that the insured is covered for their actions that may lead to physical harm to persons or property is guaranteed coverage by a certificate issued by the insurer. So, if you are a contractor and bidding on a job, the entity requesting the proposal may also want themselves named in a certificate with proof of your limits of liability spelled out in the form’s contents. An SR22 is a certificate required by the State of Oregon that guarantees you will be covered against injury to others and damage to property while driving on its streets and highways. All these parties requiring a certificate don’t care what happens to your property. They want to protect their property and the lives of those who dwell or work on their premises.

The journey begins with a quote. We will gather only the information we need to give you an accurate quote and nothing more.
Life changes constantly. Your insurance policy can too. Depending on the company, you can make changes yourself online or on an app on your phone, or you can call, text, or email us the changes.
A binder is a temporary policy. Sometimes a lender or dealer will want immediate proof of coverage beyond the ID card you carry in your wallet or car. We'll email them a binder anytime upon your request.
Claims Assistance
We'll help you through the process after you have had an accident or loss. Your ID card has the claims phone number, but you can call or text us from the road or as soon as it's safe if you are unsure what to do next.